We are Christian:
We believe the Bible is God’s word to us, perfectly revealing His will. In the Bible, we learn the reality of our sin, and the wonder that God sent his Son Jesus to be our savior. As Jesus said, He is the “way, the truth, and the life”. Christians are those who believe in Jesus and are bound to him by a faith commitment. Jesus not only forgives our sins, but through Him, we can have a pure heart.
We are Evangelical:
We have good news to tell, so we tell it! Jesus is not just for a select few, but for all the world. Christians are called to be His ambassadors to this world and we do this through an ethical lifestyle of love and service, and a willingness to speak the truth in love as we have opportunity.
We are Biblical:
That might seem an odd thing to point out; after all, isn’t the Bible the foundational book for all Christian churches? Well, sometimes yes, and sometimes, no. To truly believe the Bible is to commit to having your life formed by the Bible. So, instead of searching through the Bible for a passage that is “encouraging” or “relevant to life”, we believe that it’s all relevant. So, it all gets preached! This approach is necessary if we are to have a God-informed view of our world.
We are Real:
So much of life is about superficial appearances and show. Real people need a real gospel, and real people need the companionship of others who have been truly changed. In the pursuit of things spiritual, we strive for the authentic, the substantial, and the eternal.
We are Nazarene:
These are the beliefs Nazarenes hold to be true:
- We believe in one God-the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by full inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- We believe that the finally unrepentant are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified, regenerated, and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.
To find out more, visit the Nazarene Website: www.nazarene.org